When it comes to industrial flooring, epoxy coating is a great option for your industrial facility due to its durability and easy maintenance. There is not a lot you must do to maintain your epoxy floor coating, but there are certain steps you can take to clean it, extend its life, and maintain its appearance. To properly clean your epoxy floor coating, read our tips below.
- Minor spills can be wiped up using a soft cloth or paper towel.
- Mop regularly using a dust mop or broom with soft bristles.
- For a heavily soiled floor, start by sweeping the loose debris away, then mopping with a mixture of hot water and ammonia. For every gallon of water, use four ounces of ammonia.
- If you have a stain that will not budge, you may need to scrub lightly using a sponge. Do not use abrasive chemicals to clean your epoxy floor coating; if you must use a cleaning solution, use a gentle one. Avoid cleaners with acids, such as vinegar or citrus-based solutions, and soap-based solutions. These can leave a residue, dull the shine, and cause your floor to get progressively more slippery over time.
- You can also hose down and squeegeed your epoxy floor.
- Avoid major clean up by putting a welcome mat by doors, particularly during winter months, when salt and snow can be tracked in and cause messes.
When you need epoxy floor coatings, trust Aetna Integrated Services to be the commercial flooring contractors to help. Contact us today!